Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Happy Birthday, Steve



Less than an hour before the day is done, and I have yet to acknowledge the 75th birthday of a man who has brought me more hours of pleasure and inspiration than anyone else I can think of. If you have ten minutes to spend, take the time to listen to this audio tribute produced by NPR on the occasion of Steve's 75th. The weeks that I spent in January working on the Prince Music Theater's production of Anyone Can Whistle were delightful ones, the realization of a 30-year dream. Tonight I'm deep in the throes of thinking about Company, a musical that opened in April 35 years ago, and a show that blew my mind when I saw it in London in January of 1972. Since then, I've been in it, directed it, and conducted it, and it continues to bring me pleasure. Long may you wave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home