Tuesday, March 09, 2004

This image spotted on the Boardwalk at Ocean City...



put me in mind of the opening of the new Kevin Smith film Jersey Girl, which is opening tonight in NYC at the Ziegfeld Theater. In fact, as I'm composing this post, at 9:45 pm on 3/9, I expect that the final credits have already rolled and that the crowd is making its way over to the Hard Rock Cafe for a bit of a hearty party. Perhaps I should be there with them, but I wound up opting out after doing a cold-blooded cost-benefit analysis of the value of being there. Pro: see the flick, gape at the celebs, say hi to Kev and others with whom I enjoyed working on the film but who are hardly likely to recall me. Con: expense, time away from home and work on Gemini, and the prospect of coming home with the depressing realization that, fun though it was, that wasn't my world and won't be again. You do the math. Yes, it's a sobering calculation, but no cause for...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home