Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Symphony of Lights


Symphony of Lights
Originally uploaded by mgleaves.

Well, first I must fess up and acknowledge that this is not my photo. I do have about 10 minutes of video of the Symphony of Lights, however, which was a splendid finale to my stay in HK. The crowd gathered at the harbour's edge in front of the Convention Center a little before 8, and then the whole skyline went crazy with a synchronized music and light extravaganza. I was curious how they did it and looked up the site of the company that created it. In Philly they tried to make a honk and toot out of lights on one side of City Hall. Fugeddaboutit! This is the real deal! Once the show was over, I slipped into the Grand Hyatt - close by - for something in a snifter and some loungey jazz stylings. The hotel lounge is grand and the sofas extra comfy. Life in HK has been good. Now for the long long ride back to home - reality awaits in the City of Brotherly Love at the end of a 20+ hour journey.

1 Comments:

Blogger DarkoV said...

Mr. Tunes,
Really enjoyed your HK entries. Certainly seems the place to visit at least once in one's lifetime.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home